An explicit look into the world of entertainment and how my mind interprets it.

....

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My current drug of choice is...


Ok, don't freak out. I'm not hooked on heroin, or coke or anything like that although I will proudly admit that I am engaging in ecstasy. When it hits me it's like a wave of joy that takes me to a world of dreams. My muscles melt and the smile never leaves my face. Yup, I'm addicted all right...

I am addicted to the most wonderful thing in the world. I am addicted to the ecstasy that is GLEE!!! By its very definition, glee is about opening yourself up to joy. Yes I stole that from the show and it's extremely cheesy but I don't care because this is by far the greatest show ever to grace the wonders of television. I mean, what's not to like? When I first saw the pilot back in May I fell head over heels in love. But that love was short lived when I read an article the next day saying that the ratings were not where Fox had hoped they would be. My palms began to sweat, and I panicked as I thought my new favorite show was about to be flushed right down the john. Thankfully however, the big wigs at Fox saw the same spark that I did and picked up Glee for a full fall season.

So let's get down to it. What makes Glee such a fantastic show? Well aside from the fact that the very talented Ryan Murphy is the creator and director (who coincidentally also directs Nip/Tuck, another fave of mine) I honestly think the major appeal to this show is the uplifting feeling that viewers walk away with. I watch this show every week with a friend of mine and to have another person's opinion on the matter, I asked her why she finds the show so addicting. Her answer, "the show is a welcome distraction from all of the negativity that we are exposed to each and every day in our lives. It just makes me happy. Oh, and Mr. Shue is really hot." (Mr. Shue is played by the wonderful Matthew Morrison.) I think my friend has hit the nail right on the head. I mean, yes if we're being realistic here, the show is cheesy. We're talking a huge mountain of cheddar here, but to the million of viewers that tune in every Wednesday, this cheese is a perfect compliment to their crackers.

Now, what kind of blog writer would I be if I didn't bring light to the amazingly talented actors who were lucky enough to be chosen to be a part of this phenomenon? Well I would be a lousy one. Music is probably the largest aspect of Glee and I wish every day with every inch of my being to be able to sing as well as the actors do on this show. Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Chris Colfer, Dianna Agron, Amber Riley, Kevin Mchale, Jenna Ushkowitz, Mark Salling, and Matthew Morrison, I envy you and love you at the same time. You are all incredible and that is all I will say about that. For those of you who may not watch this show, I encourage you to tune in just once to hear the talent that each and every one of the cast members bring to the table. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I also have to give props to Jane Lynch, whose comedic timing is brilliant, and the show wouldn't be the same without her. I know I've left some wonderful people out, but my hands are getting tired, so I will just say thank you to everyone for bringing this show to life.

After my very long rant, I think it is clear to see that I am truly addicted. And you know what? I couldn't be happier. This is Ashley reminding you that the schnozberries taste like schnozberries. Thanks for listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment